Every couple filing for divorce wants to remain in control of the process and negotiate a fair settlement peacefully and without paying a fortune. No one wants to deal with the stress of making a court appearance and waiting for a judge’s decision.
At Alternative Divorce Solutions, we highly recommend that you use mediation rather than litigation to finalize your divorce. Our Long Beach divorce mediation lawyers firmly believe in this approach to divorce because of all of its benefits.
Call (562) 454-0335 now to learn more about how divorce mediation could benefit you.
Many couples choose mediation because:
- It is a more personalized and dignified experience
- It prioritizes open communication in an amicable environment
- It costs significantly less than litigation
- It can be completed much sooner than a litigated divorce
- It allows the couple to work together toward a mutually beneficial settlement
- It provides a more private and confidential way to handle sensitive family matters
- It protects couples and children from the battles that often transpire in court
- It leaves decisions in the hands of those who know the family best
- It empowers the couple to control the pace of the divorce and the terms of the settlement
- It often results in a higher rate of compliance
Is Divorce Mediation a Good Option for You?
California is a no-fault divorce state. Therefore, if either you or your spouse wants a divorce, you will eventually end up divorced. The question you are most concerned with now is what method to use to get there.
Now that you understand the benefits of mediation, you might be wondering if this is something that you and your spouse can do. Will it really work for your situation? What if you do not have a history of agreeing with one another? That is okay. Let us provide you with a helpful way to evaluate whether mediation is a possibility for you.
Ask yourself the following five questions:
- Are we both intent on avoiding court as we settle our divorce?
- Are we both willing to voluntarily attend and participate in the mediation process?
- Are we both willing to be transparent and engage in a good-faith negotiation?
- Are we both comfortable with and interested in making our own decisions?
- Are we both mentally capable of making our own decisions?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then there is a good chance that mediation is right for you. To find out for sure, contact Alternative Divorce Solutions to schedule a free consultation. Our Long Beach divorce mediation lawyers can sit down with you, learn about your situation, and discuss what is most important to you. Following our evaluation, you can make an informed decision about how to proceed with your divorce.
Call our professional legal team at (562) 454-0335 now for reliable legal counsel and compassionate representation.
I really appreciate Lani’s help and recommend her and her firm to anyone.- Esther R.
It Is Possible to Remove Stress from a Divorce- Donald B.
I would highly recommend to anyone going through a divorce!- Giz S.
If you are looking for a mediator, do yourself a favor and go with Lani!- Marley C.
My Husband and I Came Through this Process Whole and At Peace.- Kelley B.