Long Beach Summary Dissolution Attorneys
Paving the Way for Faster Divorces
Is your marriage not working out as you had planned? Do you and your spouse think you made a mistake getting married? If you are looking for a quicker and easier way to end your short-term marriage, you may want to consider a summary dissolution. Couples who qualify for a summary dissolution are not required to appear in court, which can help them save time, avoid paperwork, and save money.
At Alternative Divorce Solutions, we help couples do divorce better. If you qualify for summary dissolution in Long Beach, our divorce mediators can help guide you through the process. We can assist you in reaching an agreement on the terms of your property settlement and ensure that you file the right forms on time.
Get your divorce started right today with the help of our attorney-mediators by calling (562) 454-0335.
Who Qualifies for a Summary Dissolution?
Summary dissolution is simply a shortened version of the divorce process. It is designed to help couples who do not have many complications get through divorce faster. While this type of divorce does still require fees, it is usually much cheaper.
Summary dissolutions have strict requirements. In order to proceed with this form of divorce, you must meet each qualification.
The requirements for summary dissolution include:
- One spouse has lived a minimum of six months in California and at least three weeks in your particular county
- Both spouses agree to end their marriage through a summary dissolution
- Both spouses agree upon the grounds of their divorce being irreconcilable differences
- The couple’s community property totals less than $38,000
- Neither party has over $38,000 in separate property
- Neither spouse has incurred more than $6,000 of debt during the marriage
- The spouses have no children together under the age of 18
- The couple is not expecting a child within the timeframe of the divorce
- Neither party owns real estate
- Neither spouse is in a lease with an option to buy
- Both spouses agree to waive alimony
- Both parties must read and sign the summary dissolution booklet provided by the state
Contact Our Caring Divorce Mediators Today
If you are interested in pursuing a summary dissolution, reach out to Alternative Divorce Solutions right away. Our Long Beach summary dissolution attorneys can listen attentively to your needs and goals and help you determine if this solution is right for you.
Call (562) 454-0335 now to schedule your free one-hour case consultation.
During an emotional time in your life, you shouldn’t have to worry about your pocketbook. Our one-time flat fee includes all costs associated with the mediation process.
We focus on non-intrusive solutions and minimize court involvement. This keeps the entire divorce process more confidential and less stressful for everyone involved.
We help you resolve all of the issues a judge would decide, such as asset and debt division, property division, or child custody and support in a peaceful and respectful way.
I really appreciate Lani’s help and recommend her and her firm to anyone.- Esther R.
It Is Possible to Remove Stress from a Divorce- Donald B.
I would highly recommend to anyone going through a divorce!- Giz S.
If you are looking for a mediator, do yourself a favor and go with Lani!- Marley C.
My Husband and I Came Through this Process Whole and At Peace.- Kelley B.